Registration for the 2023/2024 school year opens February 1, 2023.
To complete an online preliminary registration for 2023/24, please click here.
Kindergarten is offered at all 41 Burnaby Elementary Schools. Students entering Kindergarten next Fall (children born in 2018) must register at their attendance area school. To find the school that your child is eligible to attend, click here.
The following documents will be required to register:
- Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card)
- Proof of residency. The parent/guardian and student must be ordinarily a resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, one from Category A and one from Category B.
- Category A (proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident); AND
- Category B items include; BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
In some circumstances, schools may require additional documentation. Parents will be contacted if this is the case.